SCHOOL ATTENDANCES - 1851
The Lyttelton Collegiate Grammar School opened on 6 January 1851 under Rev. Henry JACOBS and William HOLMES.
The Lyttelton Church Commercial School also opened that month under Edward TOOMATH, later assisted by Mr and Mrs Gilbert MAYO.
The Lyttelton Infant School began in March 1851 with teachers noted as Mrs COLLIS, Miss Rosetta GODFREY, Mrs Jane JAGGERS and Mrs RANSON.
In March 1851, the Gebbies Station School also opened under William BLATCHFORD.
Robert WADSWORTH started the Akaroa School in June 1851 and in the same month, Henry FLETCHER began teaching at the Kaiapoi Native School while John BILTON and Mrs Elizabeth HORRELL opened the Church Commercial School at Christchurch.
We do not hold any other details or school lists
©2009 The Canterbury Pilgrims & Early Settlers Association Incorporated Website
Designed and Maintained by Dreamweaver
We are NOT a research facility
©2009 The Canterbury Pilgrims & Early Settlers Association Incorporated
Website Designed and Maintained by Dreamweaver